The Unbroken Reverie

...the spirit never ceases to flourish.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Ascende Superius!

Written by Mike Gallego

Woke up today at 4 A.M. Watched the “Healing Eucharist” on channel 2. Ate my breakfast; tuna sandwich, oatmeal and milk. Spin on the P.C. Logged in on DashBoard. And at 7:30, started typing this entry. It is not really natural for a languid and busy person like me to wake up at 4 in the morning on a Sunday. Clunks like I slept too early last night? Okay, so that is basically why I am posting an entry right now. Because I am aware like I have so much hours to do a lot of things.



School year 2007-2008 is about to end and it is a reasonable moment to say goodbye to my sophomore in high school; not only to the level, but also to all the bad memories and painful experiences that I acquired all through the school year. I am not saying that everything that I got this school year was all negative, but I just do not want to carry these negative things with me up to my junior in high school.

In anticipation of the coming year, I have forgiven myself for all the things I did not take seriously and for all the terrible consequences I set for myself. On top of it, everyone who has done me wrong, made me feel bad, and put me into troubles, even if some of them do not actually deserve to be forgiven. Life is very short to waste time hating on anybody. I just want to free myself from hold against others and regret.

Two-double-o-seven-two-double-o-eight has truly been bad and at the same time, wonderful! Many things challenged me and many, too, brighten me up. Words are not enough to utter everything I have obtained in these nine months of being a sophomore. I had suffered the searing pain of betrayal, but I realized what joys real friends can bring. I learned what really makes “reconciliation” impossible. I discovered how to reinstate confidence in myself, and began to mend my spoiled self-esteem and my trust in others. However, I did not learn to alienate myself because of the distress. I found out that moving on from “betrayal” is something that can never be rushed by trying to pretend that it just does not hurt anymore or just by withdrawing the significance of a person you once trusted. I indeed suffered from many losses; losses in terms of the ability to trust and the willingness to let others in to my life again and I doubt if I would ever be happy that it all occurred to me. Nevertheless, I have learned a lot about myself, the infirmity of others and that God is the only One who could ever stay true. I learned about all that and more.

I am thankful of all the things that happened to me in these past few nine months. Good or bad, if not because of them, I will not become as tough as I am right now. Thanks to II – Caravario, my class and the only class “with a system”; all our teachers for having done their best in forming us to become better persons; our adviser, Mrs. Bustamante for standing up for us when we were in trouble; and lastly, to everyone, from first to fourth years, from the lowest position in the school to the rector for making the school year fun and worthwhile.

Two-double-o-seven-two-double-o-eight has been great and I am greatly looking forward to my third year in high school and to the challenge of to...

12 Comment(s) -:

Anonymous said...

ang ganda na sana tong blog mo eh kaya lang walang pic ko!! hahaha!

"wala tayong sistema!"

Mike Gallego said...

maganda pala. salamat sa pagbisita. di ko inaasahan haha! "may sistema ako!" =))

Anonymous said...

it's kinda¸ sad how people tend to notice the importance of things only at the end; however, it is better to realize something in the end than to never have realized anything at all.

Anonymous said...

you are a superbosconian. yay.:P

Mike Gallego said...

i do actually think i'm a SUPER. hahaha! supah. dunno why. maybe for my immense fondness of St. John Bosco's school. hehe.. i love DBTC. =)

Mike Gallego said...

i agree. it is really better to realize something in the end than to never have realized anything at all. but i think it is best to get to appreciate the things in the beginning than to see its importance only at the end.

Anonymous said...

oh seven oh eight was bad for me too.

Well, let`s hope oh eight oh nine will be better. :D

Always here for you. :)

>:D<

Mike Gallego said...

thanks marco. congrats btw. =) God bless!

Rod Ralph Z said...

yeah 07-08 sucked. :|

Mike Gallego said...

yah. but it's ok. haha!

Anonymous said...

I find the words "Paprating na sila, Juniors 2009" as a threat towards the development of your institution. Based from findings such as surveys and commentaries, your batch is frankly useless. You may call yourself useful for your batch but I find the group as a whole being uncivilized individuals within the high school department. Sadly, as an alumni of the institution, I can see that school year 2009 will be last year that there would be structural leadership.

Mike Gallego said...

makes me feel worried about my batch >__<