The Unbroken Reverie

...the spirit never ceases to flourish.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Trance Sports

Written by Mike Gallego

Sorry, I have not been updating lately. I have been very busy and I did not really have anything to write; except now, of course.

Let me have a short recap, for now, on what have been happening to me lately. At least I am blogging about myself, again, now. I have been hooked with trying out some sports like paintball, badminton, wall-climbing, and my trance-sport which is wushu since the last day of the Summer Enrichment Program in Ateneo.

I tried paintball at the Global Gutz paintball activity area at the back of the Armed Forces Headquarters in Taguig City with a couple of friends and ex-schoolmates. It was so fun and cool at the same time. Shoot here, shoot there; shoot anywhere you want. Paintball lets you discharge your anger, stress and fury to somebody. For those who love actions and fun-filled activities, this game could be right for you.

Need to relax your brain cells? Step out onto wall-climbing or badminton. Those games are physically tiring, definitely; but they could also be mentally relaxing. It enables you to think not as much of your problems and focus only on the shuttle cock or at reaching the top.

Two of the top rock climbing walls and gyms in Metro Manila can be found in Makati City; the Planet Rock of my former school, Colegio San Agustin-Makati features its 1,000 meters climbing surface and the Play Underground Wall Climbing Center at the Powerplant Mall in Rockwell with a premier wall-climbing area and rebound trampoline. Badminton centers, on the other hand, are available at the country clubhouse of your villages.

Wushu has been my dream or trance-sport since I was a kid. It is actually the martial art that Jackie Chan and Jet Li do; cool huh? I finally had the chance to perform this sport when a Chinese friend of mine, who is a member of Alabang Wushu Club, brought me to one of the few Modern Shaolin Wushu athletic centers in the Philippines, the Alabang Country Club. The trainings and choreographies were exhausting but generally it was fun; no doubt about it. Now, who wants to have his ass flying-kicked?

At present, my body is in pain, but everything was worth it. Anyway, I still need to do a few things later. I wish I will be able to update soon.

0 Comment(s) -: