The Unbroken Reverie

...the spirit never ceases to flourish.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

I'm Still Alive!

Written by Mike Gallego

I'm back... have not updated for a very long time, had too many things to do.

Today we received our First Grading Form 138 on Technical subjects, Academics, and Deportment. So yeah, aside from the report card, I received 3 certificates of recognition for having the highest card grade in English and Religion in 2nd year and for being a conduct awardee. Okay, having been the top student in those subjects, English and Religion made me really happy today; even though there are still a lot of things that bother me. I am happy because even if I do not study or must I say I do not give much effort in my studies, I still get satisfying grades.

My pare and I attended an interscholastic three-day workshop in Assumption College SanLo last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We learned a lot of things especially about media and the good and the bad things that it can convey to us. We particularly learned to become critical thinkers, and not to believe easily on what our eyes can see. We learned the true meaning and the importance of being nationalistic. The seminar-workshop also gave us the opportunity to interact with other student leaders from different high schools around the Metropolis; however, the best thing that happened during those days for me was still that my best friend and I got to 'cruise' around Ayala Center, we talked about so many things, and we had that chance to 'authenticate' our friendship.


Glorietta 2, Mc Cafe.

An ILAW participant from De La Salle - Zobel wrote this: Filipina. Love It.

Okay! So last September 7, we held our Intramural Opening with the theme "Metamorphosis: Evolve with Every Beat." Variara was declared as the overall winner.



August 31 was my first time to sing with our school's chorale, Voces Servient when the NCAA South Grand Opening was held in our school, Don Bosco Mandaluyong.

By the way, I promised that I will post your replies to my question: There are times when people do not appreciate the fact that you care.. when you're trying to help them, aren't they glad? Are they blind? Are they really insensitive or simply they do not like what you do for them?
  • Rod Zantua: I think they do not appreciate the works because their ego gets in the way, thus making them judgmental. Another reason could be that they could be used to the fact that they are always are helped. It's just an ego problem.
  • Kim Gabriel: Yung mga taong ganun, hindi mo dapat pinagaaksayahan ng panahon. They do not worth someone like you.
  • *: Baka nakikita din naman nila, nahihiya lang sayo... mabait ka kasi, walang kaya sumukli sayo.
  • Ken Borce: Dalawa lang yan. Either 'di nila alam how to show their elation or nahihiya.
  • *: People usually do not appreciate your works (while you are alive) until you die.
There! Thank you for your answers, dears. I needed them.

So that's all for my lame post.

5 Comment(s) -:

Anonymous said...

..congrats!!hehe..sana more awards to come pa:)
..nga pala..
..ano ave mo??
,,uhmmn...
hehe..more power??basta la na q masabi ee..tc..bye.

Carlos Guerrero said...

later =X to never.. "Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears" nyway.. "i'm still alive" hehe.. you are still alive.. :D galing naman ng best in english and cle :D maintain your grades in academic; improve in technical(ET,MT) :D next quarter dapat nasa overall tayo. (^^,) c u.

Ron Evangelista said...

Mike,
Just a comment about your thought, "There are times when people do not appreciate the fact that you care.. when you're trying to help them, aren't they glad? Are they blind? Are they really insensitive or simply they do not like what you do for them?"

Let me share my motto way back my senior year in DBTC. I was then the vice-president of the student council. Everyday was excruciatingly tiring, yet at the end of each day, I would still ask myself if I've served my purpose enough, recollecting the services I've rendered. "It is when you forget yourself that you're most likely to be remembered." The emphasis is given to the ignorance that you've influenced the other. As you touch their lives, it is never possible that you've not been an influence. The grace that you've shared is for them to discover and not for you to despair.

For sure we are indispensable because people could still live without us in their company, yet we still choose to be of help. The virtue of helping comes when help itself mirrors our life.

Today, as a Salesian Seminarian, the challenge for me is to recognize the grace of God as He invite me to give and be source of love to my would-be confrers day by day.

Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

"There are times when people do not appreciate the fact that you care.. when you're trying to help them, aren't they glad? Are they blind? Are they really insensitive or simply they do not like what you do for them?"

I don't know if you'll appreciate what I have to say about this..

I think it's part of human instinct to feel such way (that's why you did!), and the feeling of not being appreciated is normal. What's not normal is if you get to serve to the peak of your abilities without recognizing what you have just done (and what motivates you).

In order for someone to be able to serve, enough motivation is needed. Your motivation may be on the credentials you get for doing something. It's not wrong to feel such way BUT if your motivation lies only on that and if you don't understand that to feel such way is an appreciation of your own self, then I guess, what you're doing is superficial.

Now, (back on the topic) I think that if others don't appreciate what you are doing, then it's you on the very least who has to appreciate that you are capable of rendering such service! What's better is if you get to serve others without expecting something in return. I guess the perfect motivation for this kind of service is LOVE.

Love may mean almost anything - love for God, love for your craft, love for the people around you (to whom you may be willing to die for ), and love for yourself.

Yes, think of God on top of all, and do not forget that your ability to serve is a gift from Him - a talent. You must appreciate that gift and at the same time, share it to others. If people don't get to appreciate you, at least you're contented with what you've done and recognize your talent/God's gift. What you need is the right motivation. :] Keep barking! jigsaw+cross

Mike Gallego said...

thanks kapitero, carlos. thanks ron. thanks anonymous. =)