The Unbroken Reverie

...the spirit never ceases to flourish.

Friday, December 19, 2008

A Meaningful Christmas

Written by Mike Gallego

Hey everyone. So I have been neglecting this website again, but, I think I have a valid explanation for it right now. Our periodical examinations week just finished last Wednesday and the Christmas Season just started a week ago; so I have been attending some engagements with some people, and I have been preparing my gifts and myself for Christmas itself. It has been 8 days!



I can’t believe how time flies by so fast. 4 sleeps to go and it’s Christmas again! It’s the first time in my life that I will be celebrating the holiday season without a complete family. Ouch! Ha-ha! Okay, I’ve thought about this already; I should no longer affected by that sort of drama.

You might want to ask me what preparations do I do for Christmas. Aside from wrapping gifts, decorating the house, and buying new clothes, it has been a pattern, every Christmas Season, for me to do some self-examination. I take a look at my conscience, my feelings, my thoughts, and my motives. I take time during my break to get to know myself better. Have I been a good companion? Have I contributed enough? Have I served reasonably? – Those are some of the questions I usually ask myself. It’s also a good idea for, as we know, Christmas Season is also the season that gives way to the New Year. It’s a good thing to reflect on the past year before the New Year starts. Instead of sitting on your butt watching some irrelevant T.V. shows, why don’t you do anything that could help you have a newer and better perspective in life.

By the way, here is a nice bonus thought I read in a magazine: Have you ever attended a birthday party where everyone brings gift for one another, but no one gives anything to the celebrator? That often happens on Christmas. We have gifts for one another, but normally we forget to have a gift for Jesus.

Make each gift you give count. Be sure it comes from the heart. Anything small but heartfelt is more than enough to lift up a weary soul. Jesus said in the scriptures: “Whatever you do to the least of my brethren you do it for me.” Now you do know what to give Christ this Christmas.

Have a meaningful Christmas!

Thank you Lord for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ. In Him we have life at its fullness!

6 Comment(s) -:

Lou AƱonuevo said...

A jolly Christmas to you too. I bet you did great in the exams. :)

Mike Gallego said...

ahh yah.. i'm very confident with my 2 exams in mathematics! hahaha! :)

Anonymous said...

merry Christmas, mike! it's an honor to be included in your blog roll. God bless!

Anonymous said...

haha.
i found it fun talking to you today.
its been years!
haha.
anyway.
very nice blog.
since i knew you, you've never changed. =]
merry christmas!

Mike Gallego said...

Br. Utoy ---- for me it’s an honor to be visited by someone like you.

i really like reading your blogs, that’s why i added you to my blogroll. i gain a lot of inspiration by reading your entries. they’re so thick with sensible ideas and sense of humor.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and God bless you, too!

Mike Gallego said...

Ian --- and i must thank you for those kind words.

some things don't ever change, and some things shouldn't ever change. :)