The Unbroken Reverie

...the spirit never ceases to flourish.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Resolved Resolutions

Written by Mike Gallego

It is June, and it is almost July again, mean to say we are halfway through the new year again. For this entry, I will let you make a review on the several commitments I made last New Year. I described them in my blog as the easy things that we often forget to do that we are supposed to. Have they been really easy for me to do? Have I been able to accomplish them, or at least some of them? Well, let's find out through this re-post of my New Year's resolutions. The bold-faced sentences are the ones that I have accomplished.
  1. End every night and start every morning with a prayer. - I am so sorry, Lord. I have no excuse.
  2. Always smile and look happy. - Can't help but feel and look sad especially when I am alone, and when things don't go as I expect them to.
  3. Talk to someone you haven’t talked to for a long time. - Thanks to my old classmates.
  4. Thank all the people who have made a difference in your life. - I have not yet thanked my parents because they're so far away. I haven't thanked someone because we're no longer friends.
  5. Forgive those who hurt you. - When you forgive, you are no longer the victim but rather the victor.
  6. Share your blessings to those in need. - I'm a blessing already. LoL. Giving doesn't just bring sunshine into others lives, but to my own life as well.
  7. Work! Exercise your body!
  8. Keep a journal or blog and have it read by others. - This blog is open to everyone.
  9. Make someone smile. - It's so easy to make the kids smile. I have close relationships with the younger students in my school.
  10. Write a lot of poems. Offer them to those important to you. - I am no longer the poet I used to be. Naks! Drama.
  11. Read philosophy books written by people like Paulo Coelho and Kahlil Gibran. - I am still reading other books not written by these authors.
  12. Be punctual in every commitment. - I am punctual to commitments given to me by other people.
  13. Keep the promises you made. - I rarely make promises.
  14. Conquer your fears. - Eating the sisiw of balut. Ha-ha!
  15. Always be humble. Don’t brag. Damn it! - Dang, I don't know!
  16. Maintain your room clean. - Ehh. Ha-ha!
  17. Learn to play a musical instrument. - I would die to have that.
  18. Greet your school instructors with a handshake. (I used to do this before.) - I think I can no longer return that habit because of Influenza A-H1N1. People, as much as possible, should stay away from one another. I could just say good afternoon/morning to my superiors.
  19. Always do your best to make your parents happy. - I make them laugh through my jokes and pranks but I guess, those jokes and pranks make them stressed too. I'm not doing my best, I guess.
  20. Save 50-75% of your allowance. Eat less. - A little impossible to do.
  21. Give counsel to a troubled friend. - They would comment I'm their best counselor; however, not their best friend.
  22. Draw someone closer to God. - Yes! Accomplishment! One time, a classmate came to me, and he said "You've restored my faith in God. Thanks so much."
  23. Befriend anyone as long as you can. - I can't befriend some people, but yeah I have befriended those I can. LOL!
  24. Make up for your past mistakes. - Yeah, I aim to be a better me each day.
  25. Make the most of 2009 by loving yourself! - I love myself although 2009 has not yet ended.
I still have 6 months left, and I hope to accomplish more with God's help within that period of time. LOL. I will purpose in my heart to accomplish them and make them a habit.

"He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern." (Matthew 6:33)

That's all for today's blogging.

5 Comment(s) -:

Unknown said...

Hi Mike!

Nice review of life...
yeah... "make ourselves a little
better each day."

keep it up!

God bless.

melo

Edgar said...

No mike your not I know!!

hey!!

your name sounds familiar ha?.
Mike Gallego?
the one who runs for president but unfortunately didn't win??. aaahhh!

Your from DBTC rayt??.

thanks,
edgar

Mike Gallego said...

edgar. yeah. unfortunately...

br.melo. thank you. God bless you also. :)

Anonymous said...

It's about your second New Year's resolutions. Feeling alone? Hang out with friends, preferably the ones who don't tease you too much, or maybe with the ones who spread the teasing to other guys after you get teased. Normal conversation...sports (your pick. I don't really play, but other people do), and other things you want that your friends also want. When things don't go as expected, hmmm...man. I go sullen, so I don't really have any suggestions.:p Just think positively and the chances of it going right will rise up. Just like the time I thought my school bus won't be late in coming to school. Just...think positive, and dig your feet into the ground if anything goes wrong.

Mike Gallego said...

thanks